martes, 13 de junio de 2017

Coq au Vin

I’m always thought that my favorite dish was something very fatty like a Hawaiian Pizza, or hamburgers or hot dogs but my mind, and stomach, was woke up when I met the coq au vin, my new favorite dish.
Now I thinking that all of you are wondering what the heck is that? The coq au vin it’s a colloquial dish of the old France, the origin of this plate is that in the War of Rome against the Gallic people, to make fun of how hard it was for the Roman army to conquer Gaul, a Gallic chief sent to Julius Caesar a strong and aggressive cock as a symbol of Gallic determination .Shortly afterwards, during a truce, Julius Caesar has invite this chief to lunch, serving him a bird bathed in thick and tasty red sauce. When the chief was interested in the dish they tasted, Caesar informed him that what they ate was the rooster he gave him, marinated in wine (Roman symbol) and cooked long and very slowly.
The coq au vin apart of the cock also has carrots, potatoes, onions and mushrooms kitchens with vine.


1 comentario:

  1. Oh wow! this plate is new for me, I never listened about this food, I find it very interesting, when will you cook this for me?

    ResponderEliminar